Vegan Corn Chowder Recipe – Easy Vegan Recipes – Roasted Corn Chowder Recipe
« Vegan Penne Olive & Artichoke Hearts
Double Blueberry Scones w/ Lemon Glaze »
I love corn. Corn-on-the-Cob, Creamed Corn, Kernel Corn, Cornbread. You name it, I love it. I used to eat kernel corn right out of the can…
Grilled or Roasted Corn can make a person go crazy! Have you ever been to a theme park or the fair and you smell Roasted Corn-on-the-Cob? You don’t know where it is coming from but you want it, right then, that minute. I have left ride lines that I had been standing in for an hour just to follow that sweet roasted corn scent…Yes, I love to eat food.
Because of my love for corn I made this Roasted Corn Chowder. My DH also loves corn and devoured this soup! Another bonus is that it is a Vegan Recipe and qualifies for my sixth food blog event. Tinned Tomatoes “No Croutons Required” theme for this month is: Grill or Roast (vegetarian soup or salad). I roasted the corn for this chowder recipe. I hope you enjoy it!
Delicious Rating: Most soups or chowders are very simple easy recipes but still I have found that some beginners find it a bit complicated so I rated it for the home cook. The soup was good. The next day it was better. I would make it again for my DH seeing that he enjoyed it so much. For me there is something missing. I don’t know if it is the absence of actual dairy but something just wasn’t there. Don’t get me wrong, it was a good corn chowder and very hearty as well. Just not what I was expecting? Let me know your thoughts and suggestions please!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
Vegan Roasted Corn Chowder
Recipe type: Lunch
Yields: 6 Bowls
- 4 ears of corn (white or yellow)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cup soy milk
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Tomato, finely chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pull back husks on corn and remove silk.
- Bring up husks to cover kernels and place on a baking and roast for 30-minutes.
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery, cook for 5-minutes.
- Add potato and vegetable stock and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, cooking for 25-minutes.
- When corn is roasted, allow to cool and cut kernels from off the cobs.
- Add corn to pot and cook soup for an additional 15-minutes.
- Turn off heat and ladle 2-cups of the soup into a blender and process until smooth.
- Add back to pot along with the soy milk and salt & pepper.
- Serve Chowder immediately and garnish with tomatoes.
I roasted my corn in the oven but you sure can cook them on the grill outside for some infused grilled taste!
Use an immersion blender if you have one handy. Either way blend smooth or leave a little chunky if you prefer.