Easy Vegan Recipes – Pasta Salad Recipes Easy – Vegan Pasta Salad Recipe
« Vegan Blue Corn Tortilla Tacos
Spam Fried Rice »
I don’t like pasta salad. I never put it on my plate at the BBQ party or in a buffet line. I mean whose to know what the creamy sauce is really made up of…old warm mayo always comes to my mind! When I had my Vegan Barbecue I was really having a difficult time wrapping my head around the idea of tofu-potato salad. But then it occurred to me to make a tofu-pasta salad. I mean, I never know what the sauce of a pasta salad is made of anyways.
Delicious Rating: This pasta was an easy recipe to cook up and tastes great! I really liked the spice from the cayenne pepper, it wasn’t dominate but you could definitely feel the kick! This is the perfect Vegan BBQ Side dish and is a keeper in my home!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
Vegan Pasta Salad
Recipe type: Side Dishes
Yields: 4 Sides
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- ½ cup soft silken tofu, drained
- ⅓ cup soy milk
- ¼ onion, minced
- ¼ cup sweet relish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- Cook pasta as package directs.
- Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Place in large serving bowl.
- In blender, blend tofu and soy milk until well combined.
- Blend in onion, relish, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and cayenne.
- Add sauce to pasta and coat all evenly.
- Mix in celery.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold.
Silken tofu works best for sauces as it is easily broken down and forms a ‘silky’ smooth texture. If you use a firm block of tofu, it may not all be blended down smooth.