Easy Spaghetti Recipes – Spaghetti Marinara Sauce Recipe – Spaghetti With Marinara Sauce
I love pasta and I love spaghetti. Correction. I love my spaghetti. Not to sound spaghetti snobbish but I am just really picky when it comes to spaghetti and types of sauce. I am not a fan of that jar stuff (although I really used to be) and I don’t like a sauce that is way too complicated and overdone with spices and ingredients. I love a simple marinara sauce on my spaghetti. This has got to be the best Spaghetti Marinara ever, truly, seriously, for reals!
Delicious Rating: This is a super Easy Spaghetti Marinara Recipe. Absolutely Delicious. It is a vegan and vegetarian recipe, super healthy but packed full of flavor. It is a thick sauce, not runny or watery at all. Let me know your favorite Marinara Recipe so I can compare!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
Recipe type: Dinner
Yields: 8 Servings
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 5 Celery stalks, chopped
- 2 Carrots, chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 12 oz Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
- 28 oz crushed Tomatoes
- Spaghetti, cooked
- Heat Olive oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Add in onion, celery, carrots, and garlic.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste, oregano, sugar, salt, pepper, bay leaves and basil.
- Cook for an additional 4 minutes, stirring.
- Reduce heat and stir in crushed tomatoes.
- Simmer sauce over low heat for 45 minutes.
- Remove and throw out bay leaves.
- Place half the sauce in a blender and blend smooth.
- Place the smooth sauce in a new pan and blend second half and add to first.
- Reheat mixture for an additional 10 minutes or while cooking the spaghetti.
- Top hot pasta with hot sauce and serve immediately.
Don’t worry about roughly chopping the onion. Since it will be cooked down and then blended later.
This is the perfect time to use an immersion blender if you have one.