Easy Samosa Recipe – Easy Indian Recipes – Vegetable Samosa Recipe
« Curried Rice & Chickpeas
Oatmeal Raisin Bars »
Potato Samosas are one of my favorite things at an Indian restaurant. I love the contrast of crunchy and soft, plus I don’t mind if it gets some of my curry on it! I love to sop up all that extra curry sauce with a samosa. I wanted to cook up a meal of samosas, so I decided on a Samosa pie. It is a perfect one dish meal or great in a spread with other Indian dishes. It is also a great Vegetarian easy recipe.
Delicious Rating: The flavors are wonderful in this Samosa Pie. You can really choose to mix and match what vegetables you like. I did a combination of potatoes, green beans, peas, and carrots. Next time I will lessen the amount of green beans, it got to be a bit much after the first slice. I will also make a great curry or vindaloo sauce to go with it. Let me know how you enjoy this recipe!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
Recipe type: Dinner
Yields: 6 Servings
- 1½ cup flour
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup cold water
- 3 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces green beans, trimmed and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 1½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup peas
- In a large bowl combine flour, butter, and salt.
- With a fork or pastry blender, mix ingredients until they resemble coarse crumbs.
- Add in water and work into a dough.
- Flatten out into an 1-inch round disc and wrap with saran wrap. Refrigerate.
- Steam potatoes for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Steam green beans for 7 minutes or until tender.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out the dough and place in a 9-inch pie pan.
- Bake crust for 10-minutes and remove from oven.
- Turn oven down to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over high heat in a large pan.
- Add in onion and carrot, cover and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add in ginger, curry, coriander, salt, cumin, and cayenne.
- Combine all well.
- Turn off heat and add in potatoes and chickpeas.
- Mash to make a coarse mixture.
- Stir in peas and green beans.
- Fill pie crust with mixture and bake for 30-45 minutes or until crust is nicely browned.
- Serve hot.
Use a food processor if you want for the crust or buy a ready made one from the store!
Ginger, curry, coriander, cumin, cayenne…Simply delicious combination of flavors.