Easy Ratatouille Recipe – Vegetarian Ratatouille Recipe – Ratatouille Recipes
« Pesto “Straw & Hay” Pasta
Roasted Garlic & Potato Soup »
After I saw the movie Ratatouille, I imagined that one day I myself would cook up the French dish in my own kitchen. Well the day has arrived and gone and the Ratatouille was interesting…but good! Most Ratatouille recipes are baked, however I chose to pan cook all my veggies…I was hungry and couldn’t wait! You can really mix and match vegetables until you get the combination you prefer. I didn’t have the traditional eggplant so I substituted with portabella mushrooms and the taste was delicious but of course everything wasn’t as beautifully colored as most Ratatouille recipes. I served this vegetable melody over rice that was cooked with turmeric, to add a flavor to the rice and a nice color to the dish! What is also great about this Ratatouille recipe is that it is vegetarian & vegan! Yay for Vegan Recipes!
Delicious Rating: Fresh herbs liven this dish up. As I said above that you can really mix and match the vegetables you like with seasonings you may prefer. I found it to be rather delicious and an easy recipe to make. Next time I will try baking it and find an eggplant to go with the rest of the dish. This can be served for lunch or dinner and the leftovers are just as yummy as the day before! Send me your favorite Ratatouille Recipe so we can compare!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
Recipe type: Dinner
Yields: 4-6 Servings
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 2 summer squash, sliced into ½ inch thick rounds
- 4 large peeled & chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups of mushrooms of choice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and cover for 5-minutes.
- Add bell pepper, garlic, salt and pepper, and combine.
- Cook covered for 10-minutes.
- Stir in squash, tomatoes, mushrooms, and thyme.
- Cook for until vegetables are tender, about 20-minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot with rice.
Next time I think I will cook the tomatoes separately and fold in at the end.