Creamy Pudding Recipe – Easy Pudding Recipe – Vanilla Syrup Recipe
« Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
Please Vote For Me! »
A warm dessert is one of my favorite things. A warm pudding? Definitely high on the list! Creamy and full of flavor, puddings can be a delicious comfort dessert. Fregola Sarda is a great nutty pasta that is the perfect component in a pudding. And who wouldn’t love pasta as dessert?!
Delicious Rating: This pudding is creamy with the perfect blend of vanilla bean to really kick it off. I almost ate the entire bowl when it was cooling down…so good! The pasta was soft but not mushy and it held in so much flavor. The syrup is a smooth concoction of saffron threads, vanilla bean, cinnamon, and lemon zest. It adds a lot more sweetness to the pudding and the hit of citrus, saffron, and vanilla give it a little extra something something. This is an easy recipe and the perfect dessert for any occasion, I will definitely cook it up again.
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
Creamy Fregola Sarda Pudding w/ Saffron Vanilla Bean Syrup
Recipe type: Dessert
Yields: 6 servings
- Pudding: 1 cup Fregola Sarda
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cups Soy Milk
- ½ cup light Brown Sugar
- 1 Vanilla Bean Seeds
- 1 Egg
- Syrup: 2 Vanilla Beans
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 tsp Saffron threads
- 1 cup of Champagne
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of white sugar
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add in Fregola Sarda and cup of white sugar.
- Cook pasta for 15 minutes.
- Drain well and return to pot.
- Add in cream, milk, and brown sugar.
- Split vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out seeds, add to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and stir until thick.
- In a bowl, whisk egg and add in a few tablespoons of the warm milk mixture.
- Slowly whisk in egg mixture to pot and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- Pour pudding into a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature stirring occasionally.
- Spoon pudding into separate serving bowls, cover loosely and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Start the syrup by splitting the 2 vanilla beans lengthwise and scraping out the seeds.
- Cut the vanilla bean pods in half and add both to a saucepan.
- Add in remaining syrup ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Boil for an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve pudding with syrup drizzled on top.
What a beautiful yummy pasta. Perfect for pudding.
Make sure to add some of the warm milk to the eggs instead of just adding the eggs to the warm mixture. They will scramble up immediately…not good.
This pudding is delicious warm or chilled.
The longer it sits the thicker it would get!