Baked Pork Chops With Apples – Easy Baked Pork Chop Recipes – Easy Pork Chop Recipes In The Oven
Sometimes people get all weirded out when they hear or see that pork chops are paired with apples. What’s the problem?! I mean these two are meant to be with each other. The tart sweetness of the apple on top of the juicy seasoned pork chop…I don’t know about you but I love it! I paired these pork chops and apples with some Spicy Thyme & Rosemary Bread and Hasselback Potatoes. It was the perfect meal on a cool night to have the oven on!
Delicious Rating: The steam from the apples cook the pork chops to create a juicy piece of white meat. Oh, I am salivating as I type this now. I love how food can create emotions and more hunger when you’re not near hungry! This is an easy recipe that can be placed in the oven and forgotten about while it bakes. Use with smaller thicker chops if you would like and just bake for some more time. Let me know in the comments if you like your pork chops with apples!
FOR RECIPE & PHOTO GUIDE CLICK →
Baked Pork Chops & Apples
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 medium Green Apples, peeled & sliced
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 3 bone-in Pork Chops, about ½ inch thick
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix apple slices with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Place on the bottom of a 9×13 dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the chops.
- Top apples with pork chops and cover with foil.
- Bake for 40 minutes, taking off the foil in the last 7 minutes for extra browning on the chops.
- Serve with apples on top of the pork chops.
I only have one oven so when I made these chops I also was baking bread and potatoes. It was a squished oven but it all worked out for a delicious meal!